Staff Tax Accountant – Job Description
Hybrid – This position offers the flexibility to work from home on days when being in the office is not required.
About the Position: We’re looking for a full-time CPA or CPA candidate. Extended hours are required during tax season (Jan-Apr), and a more flexible schedule is available in the off-season. Office closed Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day and from mid-October through December 31.
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000 commensurate with experience plus bonus eligibility.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or business is required.
- Active Colorado CPA license or CPA candidate is required.
- 0 – 2 years tax preparation experience is required.
- 0 – 2 years accounting experience is required.
Technical skill requirements:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word ) is required.
- Experience with Lacerte or similar tax software is preferred.
- Adobe Acrobat and Quickbooks experience is preferred.
Hiring Process: Interested candidates should submit a detailed cover letter and resume to the Hiring Manager at mburton@TandemCPAs.com. Our hiring process is comprehensive and multi-faceted, and every applicant will receive an individual response from us. We appreciate your patience as we strive to give every applicant our full attention.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer unlimited vacation, 10 holidays, sick leave, health, dental & vision insurance, cafeteria plan, and 401(k) benefits to full-time employees.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hybrid position allows you to work at the office or remotely.
- Reasonable hours –we believe in work/life balance.
- Incentive bonus program based on performance.
- Collaborative working environment.
- We know our employees are our most valuable assets, which is why we seek their best ideas and continually improve our processes and work environment.
- Opportunity for advancement.
About Tandem CPAs:
Tandem CPAs is full-service CPA firm located in Louisville, Colorado with both individual and business clients dating back for over 20 years. We believe in direct, personable and responsive communication with our clients as we strive to help them succeed. This means fast, accurate services from empathetic people who help take the fear out of finances. At Tandem CPAs, we pride ourselves on consistently meeting the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
Tandem CPAs is based in the Louisville-Superior area, both of which are consistently ranked among the best towns to live in Colorado and the U.S. We have ample parking with numerous great restaurants within walking distance, and we enjoy a comfortable office setting with plenty of space and natural light.